Not much knitting - working on the blue waves blanket, but no pics. Its been kinda frustrating - I've ripped it out four times. Twice because I went up 2 needle sizes to get a fabric I liked, twice because I screwed up the AMAZINGLY simple pattern...
But, I'm ready to start the second section - the white section.
I had cast on the baby blanket I'm knitting from Koigu Kersti - the blanket from Stich n Bitch. Unfortunately, I had cast on a couple too many stitches and knit the first couple rows. Only 30 extra stitches... so I've ripped that out and am starting over there too.... BUT the baby who is getting this blanket is here at Trivia and is so adorable.
I'm looking forward to getting these baby blankets done and knit something for myself. Greta had asked just what I was planning on knittng when I got to knit for myself - I came up with this list:
* I started a Booga bag. I'd like to get further than the second row.
* I started swatching the Liv sweater from Elizabeth Lavold's Viking Knits book (http://www.ingenkonst.se/vkc7.htm)
* I'd love to make a Sitcom Chic sweater.
* There's a great cardigan in the latest VK (Stephanie blogs about it here: http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2004/04/05/backlash.html)
* I've long loved the Obi from Simply Knit... In some other colors, but I love the style.
Hmm... And going back further - I've got another Elizabeth Lavold design on the needles that I still like - the one from Knitters a few years back. I bought yarn years ago to make a long lace coat from Jean Moss's Sculptured Knits (hmmm, that book was published in 1999 - I've had the yarn for close to 5 years - think its aged enough?). I have a great kit for a cardigan in maroon boucle yarn, a solid sweater, but it has a Norwegian cardigan cut, up to the silver clasps for closings.
Isnt' that sad... one would think I never finish anything. (Granted, one would be right :-) )